Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Big Reveal

I loved your comments! They were more fun than the post!

So many of you loved House #3, and so did we. We loved it even more when the price was dropped 25% from the original asking price! We thought for sure God was hooking us up with this house. But it was not to be. After some detective work on the part of our realtor, we found out why we never heard back on our offer. Someone definitely got hooked up, and it was definitely not us. The price was definitely dropped for a specific client. How could the house be placed on the market by the bank, without a lock box, and three days later have an accepted offer, when no one had seen the house? I am going to be nice and not answer the question directly. But Hubs and I agreed that if this was not the house for us, God must have something else for us. I really did not like the proximity to the stop sign, even if Hubs did like those trikes in the neighbor's yard.

House #2 seemed like a good fit for our family, but we just couldn't buy at the top of our price range in this economy.

Just when less houses were left on the market, and it seemed there was no house for the Farmers, House #1 hit the market. We were so sure it was the home for us. Sight unseen by either of us, we asked our realtors to draw up a contract for this bank owned home. But even before our offer was written, the house was suddenly in escrow. On a hope and a prayer that the house just might fall out of escrow, we pursued this house. Our realtors thought we were a bit nutty. We bugged our realtors like crazy, and like cray, they bugged the bank. And you know what? The other couple with the contract made the bank a wee bit mad. That was all we needed. The bank knew we wanted this home enough not to fuss. But the bank chose not to relist the home after the previous offer fell through, and dealt directly with us. We have had many people drive by, knock on our door, and peek in our windows. Had this house sold? After all, it was never relisted. Nope. It's ours.

Now, you can ask me any questions you want, and I will answer. No price questions, though. Our parents don't even ask questions like that!

18 comments:

  1. Questions? I think not. When God does something, He does something. I just smile and thank Him.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I was one of the few that really liked #1 the best. Way to go Farmers! I know you will love it. We toured a house out there in January with our daughter. Way over their budget then but it just came down another $50,000. One more drop and they might get very interested. It has already dropped $250,000. Can you believe it?? Wow.

    Anyway, great choice of houses. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well this I know: you guys had an open floor plan in VA so I can see why you'd like it. secondly, all the work on the house in VA certainly qualifies you to "fix up" this one!! I'm sure you'll do great and it'll be b.e.a.utiful! So, do you have the mella roos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. way to go Tam and Dan - you truly are a genuis Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome. I love the look of #1. It's beautiful. The culdesac will be perfect for you all. We live in a culdesac and love it. I missed the previous post some how. I love that show house hunters. You did a great job playing Suzanne Wang. :)
    So what was the first project you tackled since there were so many unfinshed things in the house?

    Congratulations and I wish you many blessings and sweet memories to fill your heart in this house.


    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Farmers! It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOUR BROUGHT OUT MY COMPETITIVE SPIRIT THIS WEEK...with this post! I get her back in check either. OK I LOVE THE HOUSE! It is truly beautiful! SO have you guys finished the pool yet? Is that why there were stone workers?

    I love love the story of the other people making the bank a wee bit mad! WONDERFULL LUCK and plus you said the other side was private...I think that is a MAJOR SCORE. GREAT FUN GREAT FUN! Great POST and I hope you are beginning to enjoy your NEW HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is fabulous! I love house 1! I think that would have been my pick of the three myself! haha.

    Can I come for a visit? Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Farmers...and no Shannon, I will not dig another hole for you. I feel I have enough built up equity in Farmer fix it projects; however, we will come visit in April :).

    Too bad there's no money in guessing correctly, because I'd be rich...what did I tell you all...I am just flat out good at house hunters!!!

    HOLLA AT YA BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, now that we see the outside of the house...we'll just wait for inside pictures. Man - aren't these people ever satisfied ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love it! and i'm so glad you guys have afab home to call your own again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You threw me off with the word "tropical" in #3...but all three were/are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bea-u-t-ful and so exciting. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a beautiful house -- mine could fit in the garage, lol! Congratulations and welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So does that mean I was way off if I knew you'd pick 3 first? and that I really liked 1 the best? Can't wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply beautiful! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. #1 is very nice. Looks like you have found your niche...renovating and moving on. Congrats on the great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that one is beautiful! It's amazing how these things just seem to work out, even though it can be so stressful during the process. Congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.