Monday, December 15, 2008

Every Story Has a Beginning

It is hard to tell you how our move happened so fast without starting from the very beginning.
Remember the story of the red vetted bulbul in our backyard? Sure enough, in an instant, BAM! We had a buyer. But the buyer's offer was contingent upon the sale of their home, which was not a done deal. They had a shaky buyer for their place. So we kept the contingent offer quiet, fully expecting it might fall through. We knew comparable homes to ours had just fallen out of escrow. We did not have our hopes up. We scheduled our home to close two days after their home closed. If our house fell out of escrow, at least my worldly possessions would not be on a boat to California with us still in Hawaii. I mentioned we were doubtful, right?But then Son1's name was drawn at Awanas to keep Cubbie Bear for the week. And I thought...hmmm....could it just be possible that we might be moving? Out of all the kids, what a great time for our child to host Cubbie! It seems silly now that I took Cubbie Bear's visit as a sign that we were moving, but I did.

Time started to tick, and the new buyers opened escrow. They could still walk away from the contract after the home inspection. Within days of opening escrow, prices of homes similar to ours plummeted in a blink. POOF! The potential buyers could have backed out, and bought a similar, less expensive home in our same subdivision. By the grace of God, they did not.
Just a few days later, Hubs left for a two week business trip. That left barely any time when he returned before our packers arrived. So he suggested I call my mom. On a Thursday we invited her to come that Sunday for over two weeks. She helped me with the kids so I could get the house in order to move. I explained that we really could be moving, maybe, possibly, hopefully?!?!? The days were long and I was exhausted. Blogging did not happen. But we managed to squeeze in some last Hawaii fun for my mom....

16 comments:

  1. Cubbie was a Sign for SURE! I hope you are having some LOVELY time to relax after all that! Take Care My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your mom was able to come and help - mommies are always nice to be around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, that is why you weren't blogging? Too busy packing up the house and preparing to move?

    Isn't it wonderful when family can come help out with the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys were really lucky with being able to sell your home. Maybe Cubbie was Lucky Cubbie. Anyway, enjoy what time you have left in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..that was fast!!

    That is so cute how you Awana club did that w/ Cubbies bear! I'm going to mention that to our Awana leader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. It just shows that even a falling economy can't stand in the way of God's plan.

    What a wonderful gift. Can't wait to hear about your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you are thrilled and relieved!

    I'm going to miss the posts from Hawaii, though! They've been great and such a good memory booster of our trips there.

    Can't wait to hear what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI stalked over and I hope you are completing YOUR HI BUCKET LIST!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moms are great that way aren't they?! And to think that she didn't just drive to see you she flew :)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The drama was that we had moved a lot of stuff in order for our home to show the best. So I had to go through everything, even though we were professionally moved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cuby and son 1 are soo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting, good luck with the move!

    His paper about Cubbie is so cute! One of my sons brought home Fred E. Frog who had a little journal like that too for the kids to write about what they did and read about Fred E.'s adventures so far. I thought it was a cute idea :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that he got to bring home the Cubbie bear. I wish my girls had done Awanas, but no church we ever attended did it. They did GA's (Girl in Action for 5 years so I'm happy about that) Anyway I just got a chill when I read about your house and the contract. WoW! God is Great!
    Pray it all goes well and so glad you Mom was able to help you.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww! Cubbie is cute! Is that from Awana? I used to be in Awana as a kid... loved it.

    I'm so happy everything worked out so well!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.