Thursday, January 14, 2010

San Diego Winter

It really is Winter here in San Diego, even if it has been in the mid 70s all week, which is only a teeny unusual. This time of year the high winter temperatures average in the 60s to low 70s. I cannot figure out how our trees lose so many leaves with warmer temperatures, though. I took my kids to a park a handful of miles away out in the 'burbs, where we live. This park wraps around part of a golf course, so it is huge with different trees on different sides.
At the same park on the same day, we saw these palm trees.
The boys and I were GOING to ride the train. See the train tracks? We missed the last train and I nearly broke their little hearts. The hours of operation on the web were not accurate. Sniff. Needless to say, folks in San Diego do not put away shorts for the winter, like in other parts of the country. We have only two seasons, a wet season and a dry season. It was 77 degrees on Sunday when I took this picture, in January, at nearly three in the afternoon.
This picture was taken by my Hubs yesterday, so I am "sharing" with him. The sun was setting over the harbor between the Embarcadero and Coronado. Another mid 70s winter day in San Diego, but with very cool water temperature, of about 60 degrees.

You Capture is hosted by Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Ahh, I want to move to a place that is warm year around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shot of the palm trees almost made me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I adore San Diego! I think she's calling my name again. It's been 16 years since I got to go and I hope to make it West again someday. Beautiful Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember San Diego winters. The weather man could have been set on repeat, because every day was 70 something and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, beautiful. I am so, so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I love the one of the palm tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be going to San Diego in June for a half marathon! I don't think I've been there since I was a little kid. I can't wait. These pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO living in the wrong place! I keep saying I want to get to San Diego where the weather is always wonderful! Love the palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Almost reminds me of Hawaii and being at the beach in November! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow that shot of the palm trees is so beautiful. It is making me feel wamer just looking at it (from up here in Canada where we havent been above freezing in a while now)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the angle you took on the palm trees. Unique!



    ...Snow apples!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sunset. Great captures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the missed train, poor guys!

    I love the sunset picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness, your pics are amazing! and the boys, oh so cute=) hope we get to see you again soon (no worries about timing yet, we're not sure either=))!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.