Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Check Out Our New Ride

My treasured Honda Odyssey that trucked home my three newborns from hospitals in three states is now sold. The family that rents this home after us is moving from the UK with four kids. And now they own my van. And when we arrive in California, Dr. Romance is selling his wheels. We knew a new ride was in our future.

One morning, I opened my eyes, grabbed my phone, and opened my email. My eyes popped open when I read Dr. Romance "bought us a van." He described it as "small and cute and will fit our family just fine." The only issue was that going to Costco might be tight with our family, but it seats 6 to 7 people.

I had no time to click the links to the pictures. I scrambled to get my kids to different schools. Later that morning, I opened the pictures and LAUGHED. How in the world are to 6 to 7 people going to fit in a van made to fit circus clowns??!?!?? Well, I am just going to have to let you know.

Tomorrow I am answering your questions about our move. So if you have dreamed any more up, leave them in the comments. But between now and then, what do you think of our new wheels???

11 comments:

  1. This makes me laugh. Just wait til you see our Beast. You are going to be uh-dor-uh-bull zipping around Tokyo in that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the smartcar version of a van. Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. I'm new to your blog. If you share such, just what does Dr. Romance do that is taking you to Tokyo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. My brother and his wife ended up buying a Japanese "van" for just them because they couldn't fit 4 adults in their standard sized car. Things are sized differently, for sure! Leaving my van behind would make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha ha! yeah, that's because they are all much smaller people over there!
    Why are you moving??? What did Dr. Romance study at Harvard that is taking you to Tokyo?
    Are you concerned about the radiation and/or the fact that those power plants are still not under control? (sorry, that was my first thought!)
    How long will you be there? potentially? ;)
    Did you keep your house in San Diego and have renters or did you sell it?
    Yes, I have lots of questions as I haven't been reading you very long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all I can think of is the Kia commercial with the hamsters singing: "You can get with this or you can get with that." LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, a new Honda! It is cute! And tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. would that still be considered at swagger wagon?:) little and cute, just like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have two good friends moving to Tokyo the end of July.... He's military. Where in Tokyo will you be? I'm sure they'd love some english speaking friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to hear your adventures. What a wonderful opportunity! I keep thinking lately (partly because of the work I am doing) about Psalm 139, especially verses 7-16. I'm sure you never would have predicted "the days that were formed" for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, sister, this is big news: the cute van, the big move (to Tokyo??? Is that right?!). What does your husband do that takes him from California to Harvard to Japan?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.