Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dole Plantation Afternoon

The Dole Plantation dedicates its center court to many different pineapple varieties from different countries. This pineapple was a wild one...growing with a mind of its own. Can you see how the pineapple is staked?
This was my favorite pineapple. The leaves were trimmed pink all around the edges of the crown, and the skin of the pineapple is pink.

Around the base of the crown were smaller crowns that reminded me of stars as well as flowers.
Pineapple crowns are pulled from the fruit when it is picked and then replanted. They grow huge and turn into...
...pineapple fields.

After our train ride on the plantation (which I won't tell you all about...I have done that already on thefarmerfiles) we stopped for the infamous Dole Whip. It is a soft serve frozen dessert. It comes in different flavors, but pineapple is the best! You can also get a Dole Whip at Walt Disney World or at Disneyland. Dole is a long time sponsor of the Tiki Room. Have you ever had a Dole Whip or been to the Tiki Room?

One little guy polished off an entire Dole Whip, which stands several inches out of the bowl.

The other little boy danced in puddles, and deemed the Dole Whip over rated. Do you love how I have the top half of one kid, and the bottom half of the other? Accidental photography.

And me? I found my own sweet treat in our subdivision, driving home.

11 comments:

  1. mmmmmm GOOD!! Oh how i miss rainbows! DP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rainbow! Mmm, and a pineapple whip sounds delish! I tried homemade pineapple sherbet one day, and fell in love! Mmm, pineapple...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm kinda new here.

    Love seeing your world there in Hawaii. What fun to live where pineapples grow!

    One thing stopped me short -- I thought the Tiki Room was gone, from WDW at least. Oh, if it's still there, my 5yo will rejoice! She's wanted to go since she heard the song on a Disney CD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, your pineapple made me drool! I think I need to get one from the supermarket tomorrow, not sure whether they have it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so good. The one time I thought about a Dole Whip at Disney World the line was rather long (and we didn't see a lot of long lines in September).

    Our kids loved the Tiki room. Since it is "under new management" it is much better than it was in 1997 which was the first and last time I saw it before this past trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that rainbow! Those Pineapples look amazing and YAY yesterday I was Happy to buy a DOLE pineapple for only 2.99 on sale this week at KROGER! I have not sliced it yet but will tomorrow! LOL LOL LOL

    YOU got me craving Pineapples this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had the Tiki Room song in my head all day..lol.

    Love the pineapple photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful rainbow.

    I must now go and find a pineapple to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh we were there on our honeymoon 2 years ago....amazing! And is there EVER not a Rainbow? They are so beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. We went to the Dole Plantation while in Hawaii on our honeymoon 14 years ago this week! I loved, LOVED the Dole whips! Oh, so good! I wish I had one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you live in a lovely country yourself!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.