Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Open House Days

I am about to let you in on a little secret. Come closer. I am speaking softly. I don't want our realtor to hear, but shhh, she is onto us! On our Open House days we arrive back in the neighborhood at the tail end of the Open House. We park in an obscure position and we stake out our house, checking out who is still hanging out, how many kids they have, and how many minutes they are in the house, massaging our walls. Here we are parked about 1.5 blocks up the street but we have a clear view of our culdesac, where the trees are in the middle of the photo below. This day we had been out with the kids for over 3 hours for an Open House. Then we were called for a private showing which lasted another hour! Do you wonder what my kids are doing during the stake out? They are anything but subtle. I usually pack special treats for the stake out minutes. The kids can't make much noise with food in their mouths. When I am at my limit I let them roam freely in the van. Hmmm this might have been one of those days!

How about you? Have you been on a stake out?

9 comments:

  1. YES YES We did the same thing last year when we sold the house during our open houses. LOL LOL OOO I so so remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe.

    I hope you get an offer soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny--but I don't blame you one bit. Can't say as I've ever been on a stake out though. Sure hope the Open House pays off with an offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is hilarious!! We've done the stakeouts too!! It's like you know your kids are going to give it away at any second!! So, are you moving back to the mainland or somewhere else on the island? Gosh, I miss Hawaii!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We soo did the same thing when we were selling our places! Haha! I don't know if we lasted three hours though, ha! But a van is a perfect place to get up and run around in :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny! I love the picture of the kids roaming in the van.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cute little guys couldn't get out of control. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had to sell 2 houses with kids. It's definitely a challenge. I'm always so curious too about who is looking at the house and what they think and if they have kids, etc. We women just have to know these things.
    Good luck and hope you get a good offer soon. Are you staying in Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.