Monday, September 10, 2007

Doh-In to Zona


People ask all kinds of geography questions when they get here. Like which way Japan is, or if our island is bigger than__________. I have no idea and I am terrible at geography. So we keep a globe in the guest bedroom for all of the geographically inclined folks.
Son1 is missing Grandma T. He wanted to show her some stamping he did. We told him we could mail it to her. Now he gets how the mail works. And he has been on several airplanes. So he understands going across the ocean to get somewhere. So Hubby thought to show him on the globe. See, this is where we live on this little island. And when the mail man (ours is a man, not a carrier) takes the mail out of the mailbox, it will go to the airport. And then it will go on a plane to Arizona, to get to Grandma's.
Son1 recited this over and over for two days. Put it in da maybox. Put da fwag up. Da may-man comes and takes to airpot. Doh on a pane. And then, doh in to Gramma's at Zona. And he is able to find Arizona and our state on the globe. Let us know if you get in Grandma T.
If anybody wants to do some mail exchanges with us via snail mail, Son1 will love to participate. We'll send to you, but you have to send back to us, or Son1 will be disappointed, and I don't want him losing faith in Dean, the mailman. Let me know. And besides, if I show him enough on the globe, I may get better at geography.

2 comments:

  1. Every child should have a working knowledge of Alabama. We're in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Joshua I got his picture and I have it hanging up at my desk. Tell him grandma will love to send him pictures and write him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.