Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Wooking for Money

Son1's classmate had a birthday party at a beach house, right on the beach. The kids went through different stations related to the beach theme to earn prizes. One was looking for "buried treasure". Well, Son1's pirate knowledge is limited to knowing what a pirate is, not buried treasure. So he wasn't too sure what to do here until I told him he needed to look for money. Ohhh he knows about money, for sure. So he dug and dug until he found a silver coin.Later, the kids played in the water. Son1 ran back up to the backyard of the beach house and came back with a rather large shovel. When I asked him why he wasn't looking for crabs with the other kids he looked at me with a blank stare and told me he was "wooking for money". I laughed so hard when I thought about the connection he had made looking for buried treasure.

It's a good thing I am not taking him to the ornament exchange in November. You can steal the ornament up to three times, and if you are the last one to touch it, it's YOURS. No need for a three year old to make connections to stealing or touching things that don't belong to you.

2 comments:

  1. seriously, i'm exhausted just reading about your life. it's like one big party after another! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaahhh but there are the days the party lights are out and I am homesick for the good ol' days in VA and I have even been known to shed many tears over this the last 2.5 years!! And to think when we are back you won't be there. BOO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.