Sunday, September 23, 2007

Too much of a good Costco thing

If you have known the Farmers for long, you know how much we love Costco. The last three times we have moved my mom has asked how close we live to a Costco. And each time we move we live one freeway exit away. One lady on the island can never remember my name, but she calls me the "Costco lady." When people can't figure what gift to get us, we get Costco cards. We are just there that much! Son1 waves to Costco even if we are just driving by...bye bye Costco. We like to go to Costco sometimes just to see what new items they carry.

Friday night Son1 was at Awanas. I made a quick trip to Costco, thrilled to be by myself. I found something I had never seen before. Have you ever heard of corn tortilla bagels? Bagels that are made out of corn tortilla maza? Look for them at your Costco. Yesterday was the very first day I had ever seen such a thing. Now, I figured this couldn't be a Mexican thing. Both of my parents are Mexican, and I had never heard of having corn tortilla bagels. I called my mom just to confirm. No, this is not a Mexican thing. But it is a Costco thing! I was really skeptical about how they would taste. You know what? I had one this morning and it was the most delicious bagel I had ever tasted.

On the way out of Costco last night, I saw Auntie Vera. Two years ago we became friends when she fell in love with my chubby Son1. He was a big baby. Last night she noticed I was by myself. Hi honey! You are by your self tonight, eh? Yeah. Oh. She turned over my receipt and started to draw a happy face. And then she looked a little embarrassed. She was about to draw a lone adult woman a happy face. I am so used to seeing you so often, and you're always with your son. It's habit to draw him a happy face. That's right. She usually gives Son1 some lovin' and draws a happy face on the receipt. You know it's bad when the Costco folks think of you, and your kids as regulars!!

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you were able to shop without the kids. I'm sure that cut your shopping time in half.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.