Sunday, September 9, 2007

Leapin' Wizards

I was sitting on our bed on the phone when I noticed a lizard clinging to the lip of the bookcase. Now it is not so strange to see lizards in homes here. Geckos and more common lizards run in and out of homes. Usually they are on walls or ceilings. And they are welcome creatures because they eat bugs. But there was something really wrong about the way this lizard looked. And since it didn't look "right", it gave me the girlie hee bee jeebies. I ended the conversation quickly, and went to find Son1.

Now this is the great thing about having little boys. They are totally uninhibited by outdoorsy things. I am sure some little girls are, too. But for sure I know I can count on Son1. If it was just Hubby and me awake, we would have to flip for who takes the lizard out. And usually I cheat and don't use my hands to catch them, or I really pitch a fit and make Hubby do it. But like I said, there was something really wrong about the way this lizard looked. I walked down the hall, and there was Son1, all snuggle bugged under the covers, ready to say good night prayers with Hubby.

Um, I want Son1 to see something. Can he come down the hall to our room for a minute?
R., we are about to say prayers, and he is about to go to bed.
I know, but I think he will really want to see this.
What is it?
Hey Son1, you want to see something in Mommy's room?!??
Yeah, yeah, yeah!! See mommy's room!

So I led the way back down the hall to our room and pointed to the bookcase.

Wook mommy! I see a wizard! See it?!!!? I see a wizard!
Yeah, you want to touch it? (You know, pick it up and take it outside like a good boy, for me?)
Son1 reaches out his little hand about to clasp it when......
Wait a minute, R., there is something wrong with that lizard.
Hubby gets a kleenex, holds it up......
Ohhh, he's dead.
Oh.
And he has no eyeballs.
Oh.
I wanna see da wizard!!! Wook, see wizard?
No you don't want to see the lizard. But mommy wants to see the lizard...don't you mommy? Smirk, smirk.
Ewww noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the more I squealed the more Hubby thought this was funny.

You know you live in a house on an island full of boys when......ugh......

3 comments:

  1. Where did the eye balls go? Do they fall out when the lizard dies? How did you not know it was dead? Don't they usually die with their feet in the air? How strange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Marcelle, you ask a lot of questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume those eyeballs dried up, shriveled, and fell out. I knew it was dead because Hubby said so, and no, this one died on his belly, no legs in the air. Yeah, those attorneys, they luv to ask questions...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.