Saturday, April 26, 2008

Brother Bond

I never had brothers, so a brother bond was completely foreign to me until I had two little boys. Son2 follows Son1 everywhere. He admires the way he eats, the way he plays, how he turns pages of a book, and the way he uses the potty, in the most precious and sincere way. He follows him to every corner of our home and insists he be included in all activities. His big brother settles for my explanation that Son2 wants to be just like him. Well, at least the times he isn't bothered by sharing toys or wanting some privacy!!
But Son2 is perceptive. When his big brother is napping, he finds the perfect opportunity to play with some of the cars his brother has declared off limits. But that's just between us!!


4 comments:

  1. The boys are growing up so fast!!! I love it that they are so close already. Hope you guys are feeling better soon. Miss You!! DP

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO this is such a good post! Brother Bond....some of that going on over here too. I love the look of Son2...playing with Big Brothers CARS! Those same cars are a hit here...my little guys fight over those so much that my MOM started getting my Son2 is own.HMMM What can I say because you know Grandma's THINK they know best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are learning something from all this. I remember that someone use to hoard their toys in the closet (i.e. the strawberry short cake strawberry house) and I was not allowed to play unless I went along with the alreday established story line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I am learning that you have learned I like rules. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.