Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Warm and Fuzzies of Fame

I have felt hugged, loved, and high fived virtually since Thursday when LOST aired. Calls came first from the East Coast, then the Midwest, and finally from the West Coast as family and friends had seen the episode I was in hours before it aired in Hawaii. It felt like my birthday!! The best part of playing up my slice of time on LOST was sharing it with so many of you! Mahalo (Hawaiian for thank you) for rising to the occasion! I watched the episode again with friends tonight, and in slow motion, saw myself across several frames. You know I had to stretch out my fame. I giggled when an email came from Rhode Island and a friend in grad school stood up and said, "My wife's friend (me) is going to kiss Sayid tonight on LOST." Now I wonder where he got that idea? Ha ha. I am ecstatic to hear we all had some fun with this and many of you used your Tivos and DVRs to see me in slow motion. I don't ever expect to give an Oscar speech, but eh hem, I would just like to take this opportunity to thank the folks at LOST, my family and friends that have made this experience so fun, and especially my husband, who made this all possible, by taking a day off from his day job just so I could have a memorable day!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you made the cut! I didn't watch because I can't handle the suspense, but I was thinking of you and hope to see clips of you flashing by some day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR Fan club loves the humble thank you...but come on lets see that Competitive Spirit do the happy Dance...O yeah! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, we were watching so close for you (I think we missed a bit), we'll have to go back and watch on our friend's TIVO, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally exciting, we saw you on TV this weekend on the DVR. So we got to rewind and rewind and celebrate knowing someone famous. Awesome

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.