Sunday, April 27, 2008

Save the Stress and Have Some Cake

I am all for the stress free birthday parties. A little friend celebrated his birthday at a popular kid's gym. It was very similar to Son1's third birthday. Here are the reasons I love these types of parties:

1. I don't stress finding a parking spot a block away from the house where the party is held.
2. I know where to go.
3. There is a start time and an end time. That means I know going into the party when I am leaving.
4. Someone besides a frazzled mother is running the show, which means I don't feel obligated to pitch in and help whilst holding a toddler on my hip and corraling my preschooler. I don't mind helping but I am sure I am inefficient.
5. Someone is paid to entertain the children and include everyone.
6. It is organized and the adults relax.

YES I do give a very nice gift at these kind of shin digs because I know the parents are shelling out to make sure peace reigns.

Socks were mandatory for adults but optional for kids. Hubby suggested maybe children don't have foot fungus. Oh no, I corrected him. They most certainly can have foot fungus! HA! Hubby then insisted I bring socks for our children to wear! They were not going to go barefoot!

3 comments:

  1. This place looks so cool! Yeah I a beginning to see the beauty in having parties SOME place other than HOME! I had my first one in Jan for my oldest and YOU are so right it was so stress free! It cost a house payment but well worth the HAPPY MEMORIES! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love to see pics! You look great!! Good ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tam, you should check on base and see if they have one of these. Ours was on base and it cost me somewhere between one and two week's worth of groceries, not a house payment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.