Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Aloha, Big Island!

I snapped a couple on the way to the Kailua-Kona airport. Here is the expanse of Kiholo Bay from the highway.
The only thing we didn't do was write our name in white rocks along the highway. All along the highway you find the same kind of stuff you find carved in trees on the mainland, just spelled out in white rock. It's almost kind of an acceptable form of highway graffiti. The writings in white rock are quite impressive against the black hardened lava and black gravel. At some points in the highway the rock writings are dense and go for miles. Obviously, not my real name:

2 comments:

  1. Good picture choice on the name :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, dear. I smiled and thought of you when I took the picture. I jumped out at that spot and was going to take that picture regardless. And when I saw the word, I smiled hoping you would read this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.