Thursday, January 10, 2008

Putting Out the Fire

We put Son2 to bed in the 6:00 hour (his choice, not ours) and Son1 to bed between 7:30 and 8:30, when it is a late night. Sometime after 10pm last night I heard some boisterous excitement coming from the far bedroom upstairs. It sounded like a very involved situation. I climbed the stairs, and made my way to that closed door. I opened it, to find an animated Son1 outside of his Thomas tent reaching in and slapping the mattress. Curiously, I asked him what he was doing. "I'm putting out the fire!!!!" Well, you know me. I helped him until it was out. After some silly giggling between the two of us, I returned him to the cooled off mattress, tucked him in, said prayers, and gave him instruction not to get up.

I went downstairs and told Hubby what happened. He shook his head, looked up at me, and said, "I'm not reading him that Tonka book, If I Could Drive a Fire Truck! anymore.

2 comments:

  1. OOO how cute this was....Thanks for Sharing with the Blog Community all these great stories! I figured out what I like about your blog so much....It is always happy blogging...it is a feel good blog. I love it and check daily...as you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...happiness is a choice I make daily! It makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.