Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Farmer Files LOST on Oahu

It's not too late to get LOST! If you have never watched the first three seasons of LOST, the network has you in mind. Wednesday night is last year's season finale, and the first hour of the premier on Thursday night is a recap of the first three seasons!

LOST season 3 finale, Wednesday, January 30 at 9/8c on ABC.
LOST season 4 season premier, Thursday, January 31 at 8/7c on ABC

More about LOST in a moment, but now for more on The Farmer Files...
You have to be a fan of the show to get the whole concept of our new header. For those of you that don't know, LOST is filmed almost all on Oahu, where we live. The series follows the lives of survivors of Oceanic flight 15, a plane that crashed on a mysterious tropical island. The flight departed from Sydney, Australia, and was headed for Los Angeles.

The survivors find themselves establishing a new community, and getting to know the island. Mysterious things happen on this beautiful island. The survivors see things they have never seen before, and things happen here that happen nowhere else. There is a chance to go home, but some like Hurley and John don't want to go back. This is pretty much where the parallels end between the show and The Farmer Files.

About us...We have made friends here that we otherwise would have never made. We have been so blessed by them! Things happen here in Hawaii that we have never encountered in other parts of the country. We have learned what it means to Live Aloha. You also have to live here to understand the shirts that say, "Relax. This ain't the mainland!" The people here are so giving, loving, and make us feel part of their "Hanai." That means part of their family, though we are not related by blood. Then there are the things that happen that only happen on the island. They are quirky kinds of things to mainlanders. Here is just a little bit about what the Farmer Family calls T.I.H.

Our family finds ourselves at a crossroads. We know where we came from, and there are so many reasons not to go back. This island has truly been a complete deviation from our mainland life. But then we find ourselves like other characters on LOST, Jin, Sawyer, and Michael, that do long to go back to their old lives. It is hard to live somewhere without family around. We find ourselves waiting for the next episode in life. Unfortunately, Hubby's job is not here forever, though I have threatened to throw myself on the tarmac and refuse to leave. One day we will leave the island, though. We don't know exactly when, but we know it will happen. For now, we are enjoying Hawaii and all that it has to offer. Like the characters on LOST, we weren't expecting to land in Hawaii. It was only through the generosity of a colleague that our lives completely changed.

Now about LOST, if you used to watch, but are amongst those that got bored in Season 2, the writers heard you! That is why they sped up the story line in the second half of last season, and the viewership totally resurrected itself. Supposedly a secret DVD was sent to a select group of previewers on Monday with the first two episodes. They are raving about the new season!

8 comments:

  1. you know i love you, but you guys are always on the verge of moving. you let me know when the moving van pulls up and I'll believe you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are loving that LOST is back tomorrow. We're watching the finale now. They have lots of info popping up on the bottom of the screen.

    We have a childbirth refresher class tomorrow night and won't get home until almost 10! So it will be a late night of watching LOST tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now LL, I will call that a LOST theory...you don't think we would go to all the trouble to change the header only to move?? I have to at least be here through the end of the month! HA!

    And Althouses....you know, I think these classes are a good idea though I have never been to one, uh hem...because supposedly women have been doing this for thousands of years without a class...and besides, wasn't I getting an epidural, and I already know how to breathe, right? Funny, funny, funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Melody was barely able to get the epidural last time (flinching), so we might not go that route this time. Plus, I've forgotten all the things I should know from 3 1/2 yrs ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daily check in on YOU Blog. I have not followed the show lost but all my mom friends do so I feel like I have seen it...lol I got your header right away as I knew that it was filmed there. I love your new Header and the other was cool too..x-files? right. I can't stop by and not leave a comment! You take time to write all this wonderful posts so I have to comment. OCD anyone guess that one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in agreement with LL...let me know when the moving van pulls up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're glad you guys have made such good friends and completely understand trying to choose between options (we might be moving too). But we have to come visit you before you move :) we'll visit wherever you move next too :) We'll be watching LOST tonight too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! We're swap partners. Email me at shoeobsessedone@hotmail.com
    I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.