Monday, January 7, 2008

Family Pool Time

This was the happy trio after the drama:

But prior to that.....There is a staircase above the rock cave to the camera right. Those stairs lead to an additional pool on the right. Hubby was watching Son1 in the pool that is above the water slide to the left of that man in the blue, up at the top. The pool was full of parents and kids up at the top of the waterslide...so when Hubby turned to get a couple of drinks from the snack shack....who would have thought we could have lost our precious three year old? Please, no lectures on taking our eyes off the child...we already nearly suffered a heart attack, each. I was waiting across the way from the water slide, at a third pool, below. I never saw Son1 come down the slide! (Confusing, I know...all of these pools meander across several other pools not pictured.) Hubby raced along the main level pools that the waterslides from different higher pools drop into, and couldn't find Son1. I jumped up and raced to the top of this waterslide pool, and asked all of the kids if they had seen the little boy with the Spiderman ring. Only one in the crowd says, "YEAH! He is in that pool up there!" So I took the stairs a couple at a time, above the rock structure, with Son2 on my hip, and guess who met us coming down the stairs from the top pool? Hubby and Son1! Hubby shook his head, frustrated. When he asked Son1 what he was doing at the upper pool, in the water, without his Spiderman ring, away from his parents, Son1 gave him a what-do-you-think-I-was-doing look, oh-worried-father-of mine, and said, "I was up there swimming with my friends." He calls EVERYONE his friends. Sheesh!

Now, about Son2, Hubby and I were so proud. He took to the pool water immediately, splishing and splashing, without my Body Glove water carrier, this time. He loved his little wetsuit and chewed happily on the covered foam of his suit, and stayed in the water quite a while. I reassured Hubby that we birth fish in this family.
Well, Son1 did go down the slides by himself several times, right into Hubby's arms. Here is a little video of the boys splashing around, under the watchful eyes of their parents!


1 comment:

  1. Great picutres...sorry about the scare! At least it was quickly sorted out!!!

    My little guy is just like that...he calls all kids he sees his friends. Isn't so cute how they do that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.