Sunday, February 10, 2008

Soccer Surprises

Son1 has been talking up soccer, and takes note when he sees soccer practices or games. Son1 really hit the I-wanna-play-soccer button recently. Hubby took him out for some one on one soccer for the first time. Sure, we have played kick the ball back and forth, but never any serious footwork. And kicking the ball back and forth with me is one thing. Playing with his dad is a whole other story. Hubby used to coach high school soccer. He played on adult leagues, and was selected to start on the War College Varsity Team in 2003. So when Hubby came home and said Son1 showed some potential, I listened.He is almost old enough to play on a team. We hope his interest holds up. If not, there is always chess.

1 comment:

  1. That is so great! I love the pics, how precious. I didn't realize hubby coached high school soccer (and played so much too). Make sure to tell if son1 joins a team and how it goes, what with a coach like Daddy (and kicking around with Mommy too)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you did.